Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for Friends Part II

So, how was your Thanksgiving? Ours was lovely. Small, intimate, and low-fuss. Just what I needed. We ate a quiet dinner, then in the evening time my sister and her family joined us for dessert and a viewing of the classic "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Love that movie! It's truly one of my all-time favorites.

Today I thought I'd share an art piece I created this past summer for a group of my friends that I adore. These are the ladies that are there for me always, and they are awesome! This piece was created on a chipboard background that I added an easel back to so it can stand on its own. I used Hero Arts' Friends Definition as the background, then added a variety of papers and embellishments from my stash. The stamp is THIS one from River City Rubber Works, aptly called "Five Girlfriends." It's made from an old photo that bears an uncanny resemblance to the five of us. It was lots of fun to make and it warms my heart every time I look at it and think how grateful I am for good girlfriends who are there for me in good times AND in bad, and tell it to me straight. They're the greatest.

So I hope you all don't spend too much money out there today on "black Friday." Let's all try to keep the true spirit of the holiday in our minds and in our hearts, and keep those credit cards in our wallets and don't over-do it. As is pondered at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store... Maybe Christmas, perhaps means a little bit more." I wish you peace and sensible living on this day and always.