Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Belated BOO

I have got to get over my fear of cameras and learn to take my own pictures! If it wasn't for my sweet hubby, none of my work would be photographed at all. Thanks Rich for helping me!

So, nothing like being about three weeks late on this: here is my Halloween card that features the candy corn template from
my October 25 post. I printed the template onto white, orange and yellow cardstock, cut it out, inked the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink, wrapped it with some twine, popped it onto some awesome black brocade paper from my stash, and added a little bling to up the fun factor. The BOO stamp is my design from THIS clear set (get it HERE as a wood or cling rubber stamp). Anyhoo, I made a few of these and gave them to some of my gals. Oh, and on the inside of the card I stamped THIS sentiment (pictured at right).

It's been (and continues to be) a crazy year, and there are many things I hope and plan to do that aren't getting done. I still plan to make a large candy corn pillow using a large version of the template. Maybe I will make a few of them and give them as gifts next fall. My favorite aunt Julie has a birthday at the beginning of October and I know she''d love one. I'll add it to my list....... Next year will be better! (I hope)

So, it's raining here, and windy. Typical for this time of year. My driveway and lawn and backyard are buried in leaves. Time to get out the rake! Oh, what fun. But I love the fall. It feels great.

Have a nice day!

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take some time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." —Elizabeth Lawrence