Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Inspiration

It's starting to happen, as it does every year. Ready or not, the Christmas Spirit starts to have its effect on me. Sometime around mid-November (that would be now), and lasting through the start of the new year, there's just this feeling. Extra emotions. Lots of thinking about the world and how to make it better. Wanting to make everything good and beautiful. Striving to be more loving, caring and considerate of my family, friends and those around me. And I know that most everyone feels this same way at this time of year... and how great would it be if we all felt this way ALL the time, and acted on these good feelings ALL the time. Setting aside the commercial commotion and the junk mail, and just being happy, and kind, and patient, and all the good things. Hmmmm, what a world that would be! Heaven.

So, in that vein, I thought I'd share another Christmas card today. Another non-traditional color scheme: purple, white, and shades of green. So rich and refreshing! This one incorporates my "Peace on Earth" design from THIS clear set (you can also get it HERE individually as a wood or cling rubber stamp). I used a Hero Arts card, some Memory Box paper & jewels, lovely Versamagic chalk ink in a color called Purple Hydrangea, and some delicious green velvet ribbon that I picked up last year in my travels. The background on the card (Hero Arts Branch Background cling stamp) is stamped in Hero Arts Snow Chalk Ink (kinda hard to see in the photo, but it's nice & white IRL). Put it all together with a tape runner and some foam dimensionals, and viola! It's Christmas.

"Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day." —Helen Steiner Rice