Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome, Sweet December

What a beautiful, crisp and lovely December morning it is here in northern California! Just a little bit of frost, and several of the trees are still showing brilliant colors against a stunningly blue sky. What an amazing world we live in! It's gor-gee-ous!
Can you believe it's already Dec
ember? 2010 has gone by in a flash. Looking back, I can remember that lots of things have happened, but wow how time has flown. I'm looking forward to next week when Steph flies home (speaking of flying!) for a short visit. She has to work on Christmas day (and she also had to work on Thanksgiving), so she's squeezing in some family time in between holidays. I can't wait to hug my girl!

Thought I'd share a Christmas card today. This one is built on a Hero Hues Grenadine card, stamped with my favorite Hero Arts Branch Background in Punch Chalk Ink. Very subtle and a little hard to see in the photo, but nice IRL. The red star behind the sentiment is from the Hero Arts Swirl Christmas clear set, and the "Wise Men Still Seek Him"sentiment is my design, available as part of THIS clear set or as a rubber stamp HERE. Black ink is Memento Tuxedo Black, and I popped the sentiment with some foam dimensionals and a small piece of black cardstock to frame it. Added some red gems (Hero Hues mixed accents) and some red grosgrain ribbon from my stash. Lovely, simple, and some may say a little masculine. I call it classy.

OK - off to work. Things are starting to wind down over at the Stampin' Treasures Going Out of Business Sale, but there are still lots of goodies in the warehouse and everything is now 50% off retail. Go over to the website and get yourself some stuff! And Diane is preparing for a big warehouse sale in January, so everyone who is within driving distance to the Sacramento area should get on her email list and stay tuned for more info about that. It will be an amazing sale! Oh, and let me say, Diane, you are the greatest! I love you!

"Friendship isn't a big thing... it's a million little things." —unknown