Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All Wrapped Up!

Well, I do believe I am finished wrapping Christmas presents. All finished for this year. Whew! The gifts look really pretty all stacked up and waiting for Christmas morning. I also did the last of my grocery shopping today, and will start tomorrow with some do-ahead preparations for our Christmas dinner. We've decided this year to have an assortment of appetizers, along with a few salads, some veggies, and of course several desserts. Two of my sisters and their families will be joining us for the afternoon and evening on Christmas day for eating, games, togetherness, and fun. I also found an adorable and touching video on the nativity that we'll show, so everyone gets a chance to remember the true reason for this blessed holiday, and can focus their minds and hearts on our savior and His birth. HERE is a link to the video if you're interested. It's absolutely the cutest thing ever!

Rich helped me photograph our gift tags and Christmas card so I can post them here. For the tags I started with all-white cardstock. Everything you see on the tags was done with ink and stamps. Who needs to buy patterned papers when there are so many amazing and lovely stamps out there? I used Tim Holtz distress inks in Peeled Paint (of course), Barn Door, and Vintage Photo, as well as a little Memento Tuxedo Black. Oh, and also some Antique Linen Distress ink for some added aging and character. Needless to say, my hands were pretty inky when this project was finished, but I am thrilled with the results!

For the card, I used the Music Background Cover-a-Card stamp from Impression Obsession, and the same inks as I used on the tags. I cut the snowflakes using my Silhouette (an early Christmas present from me to me that I got at CHA in Chicago this past summer). Love that machine!! The "Comfort & Joy" sentiment is my design from the brand new CL304 set from Impression Obsession. It's available from retailers but it's not quite yet on the IO site. It should be soon. I stamped the sentiment with Verasmark and embossed with white embossing powder (thanks dear Sharlie for lending me your heat gun - mine is packed in a box somewhere!) Snowflake gems are from Memory Box, and the lovely green velvet ribbon is from my stash.

I've also included a photo of a couple of our gifts showing what the tags look like with the gift wrap I chose for this year. Everything was done in that lovely shade of green (peeled paint!) with black, and just small touches of white and red added in. I really am liking how it all turned out. Most of my Christmas decorations are red and silver/white, so the darker green and black are a nice contrast.

So... two more days until Jesus' birthday (or the day we celebrate it, anyway). I hope your final preparations go well, and that you all get to spend time with those you love. Peace on Earth, and Merry Christmas!

"At Christmas, play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year!" —Thomas Tusser

"Christmas is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both." —Phillips Brooks

"Christmas is love in action." —Dale Evans Rogers