Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Only Ten More Days...

Christmas is a week from this Saturday. That's right - ten days away. Today I worked on Christmas cards (I have very inky fingers right now). It will be a couple more days at least until they're ready to mail. That means I am behind. Way behind. Lots to do this time of year, as it says in The Grinch: "The presents! The ribbons! The wrappings! The tags! And the tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!" But this year we're having a pared-down Christmas, with pared-down decorations. It's nice. A bit more peaceful, and quieter than usual. But I still want to get the cards mailed, and I have some baking to do, and fudge to make, and friends to visit, and my hair needs cutting... and parties to attend... and on top of that we are starting to pack because we're moving at the end of next month. Makes me tired thinking about it.

But then again, it makes me grateful to have so m
any good things in my life, starting with my amazing hubby and two incredible kids. They make me so happy!

Oh, and another thing that makes me happy? Hazelnut Rolled Wafers from Cost Plus World Market. They are lovely. Try some. And the Vanilla and Lemon flavors are pretty tasty too.

Well, it's my goal tonight to be in bed before midnight, so I gotta get to it. Good night!

"Bless us, Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind. Teach us to be patient and always to be kind." —Helen Steiner Rice