Monday, December 13, 2010

Gone...

My girl flew back to Utah today. Boooooo. She really wanted to stay longer and I really wanted her to stay longer but her ticket was nonrefundable and it would have cost an unreasonable amount to change it. Besides, she had work and other things to attend to and she needed to get back to real life. Steph looked so good and she was so happy - it did my heart good to see her! We shared an early Christmas with her yesterday, including a stocking full of treats from Santa that she took with her on the plane. Oh, how I love my girl! We are proud parents.

A storm is coming in. Heavy rains are predicted for tomorrow. I lamented the warm weather in my last post, and I guess I got my wish - cold and wet weather on its way! But we need the moisture now or next summer will be unbearable.

I thought I'd share
a simple layered Christmas card today. It features the Holly Collage stamp from Memory box, some distress inks, Prismacolor pencils, liquid pearls, and some yummy dotted ribbon. A simple earthy Christmas greeting. Love it!

Tomorrow is a big day - we're having the inspections done on the home we're planning to purchase. These inspections will show us if there are any hidden problems lurking, or if the house has a clean bill of health and we can buy it. We should have an answer by the end of the week, then if we decide to proceed we'll probably be able to close escrow by mid-January and move by the first of February. Fingers crossed that all goes well! It's been a long year in this rental home.

Ok, that's it for me. Sore back and tired brain. Good night!

"There is nothing wrong with change if it is the right decision." —Winston Churchill