Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh, the Weather Outside is...

I live in the central valley of northern California. I love California. The weather is mild, as everyone knows. I grew up here, most of my family and loved ones are here, and this is my home. But I think I am needing to go see and touch some snow sometime soon. It's been too warm here lately, and it's starting to affect my Christmas spirit just a bit (it's supposed to be almost 70 degrees this weekend, for heaven's sake!). It's hard to feel very Christmas-y with the back door open and the ceiling fan running because I got too warm just from vacuuming the floor... I'm just sayin.' And yes, there IS snow in California, not too very far from here, actually. Should take less than an hour to get there. Maybe we'll bundle up tomorrow, jump in the car and head eastward into the mountains to see some winter wonder for ourselves. Sounds fun!!

Anyhoo, I do love this time of year. It's wonderful. Steph is home for a visit, we are all together, I actually got my ENTIRE house cleaned this week, and I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping. And we got some really good news on the house-hunting front today. Getting closer to that dream home! Yay!

Okay, it's late. Time for some sweet dreams. Good night!

"Christmas waves its magic wand over the world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." —Norman Vincent Peale