Saturday, September 8, 2012

Word.

  (DISCLAIMER: Blogger is being dorky today and for some reason I can't format this post the way I want it... but you get the idea. Sorry.)

This past week the Impression Obsession design team has had a "My Favorite Quote" challenge going on. Several of the ladies have created cards featuring my quote stamps in their designs. After all, I am pretty much the go-to "word lady" around these parts, but it's still a great honor that these talented gals chose to use my designs in their cards. Pictured here is just one example from Daniela Dobson, but you can also visit the blogs of Laura Fulcher, Vicki Garrett, and Jeanne Streiff to see more. Thanks ladies for your beautifully creative cards! Love them. HERE is where you can browse all of my currently-available stamp designs, including all of the awesome (if I do say so myself) new Fall and Winter items! Take a look. They are fun. Especially THIS one, also pictured below (it's a best seller and sure to make your Halloween extra scary!)  


So it's beginning to look and feel a little like Fall around here, and I'm starting to want to put up some Fall decorations around our new-old house. Rich and I were strolling through Pottery Barn the other day and I saw these amazing faux pumpkins in the most gorgeous colors (burnt umber, ocean blue, ochre, and several shades of golden-orange). Of course they were well out of my price range ($50 and up) so I went to a few area craft stores and purchased some faux pumpkins of my own, some acrylic paints in the appropriate colors, and some spray varnish, and I'm going to attempt to re-create the PB magic on a shoestring budget. If they turn out well I may just share some photos. Stay tuned...  

OK, well, back to my Saturday chores. Lots to do around here, lots to do!

PS - stay tuned for some new Halloween ideas. It's gonna be a spooooooky season!

"No Spring nor Summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one Autumnal face!"  —John Donne

"Oh how we love pumpkin season... We anxiously await it every year!"  —Trader Joe