1. To convey information about; make known; impart.
2. To have an interchange, as of ideas.
3. To express oneself in such a way that one is readily and clearly understood.
4. Ecclesiastical To receive Communion.
5. To be connected, one with another.
Pass along. Put across. Send a message. Relay. Carry. Render. Transmit. Address. Contact. Commune. Correspond. Ask. Inform. Greet. Speak. Reach out. Signal. Convey. Interact. Connect. Trust. Share.
Communication is a good thing. It is the mutual sharing and exchanging of thoughts, ideas and concepts resulting in understanding and it promotes development, change and moving forward. Good communication is vital to relationships of all kinds.
The opposites of communicate: Conceal. Bottle up. Cover. Suppress. Keep Quiet. Withhold. Lack of communication results in frustration, heartache, feelings of hopelessness, and the loss of good relationships. Needless to say, I don't like it.
"Communication works for those who work at it." —John Powell
"The way we communicate with others and ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives." —Anthony Robbins
"First learn the meaning of what you say, then speak it." —Epictetus