Friday, April 22, 2011

More Blog Love!

Still not able to stamp amid the chaos around here, but I am working on some new designs for release at CHA this Summer (which will be Impression Obsession's Fall/Winter release) which I am excited about. Can't share anything yet, but will post some images when the date gets closer. So far there's a "With Sympathy" set, a "Get Well Soon" set, a "Happy Birthday" set, some more Christmas goodies, and a few other things. We'll see where my imagination takes me!

I thought I'd
share a little more Blog love today. These cards are from the cute and talented Dina Kowal from Impression Obsession's design team, and they feature some of my more recent designs from CHA in January (you can also click on each photo for a link to the clear stamp set used for that card). The "Rose" card uses CL322 - "In a Garden," and "Thank you for a House" uses CL310 - "Life." I really do plan to get back to making cards as soon as my life gets back to normal (whatever normal is - ha!) In fact, I can't wait. I've purchased a new desk and some shelving that are lurking in their boxes until I have the time and space to assemble them, organize my office/studio, and then I can finally get down to using all of my new stamps, papers and inks! Yay!

I have to say that the house has been frustrating lately. It seems like every time we start a project, even an easy one, we run into snags, a bit of worn out or shoddy workmanship from the original builder, or something else that slows us down for whatever reason. Can you say "money pit?" Oh well, but it really is a lovely home and it's getting more lovely every day and I know I need to be grateful. And thanks so much to my awesome hubs Rich for all of his hard work! Sweetie, you are the best and I love you.

"Gratitude is the art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture." —Kak Sri

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, and love and friends,
For everything thy goodness sends.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson