Monday, August 23, 2010

All Seasons Sweet

Believe it or not, August is almost over and we are staring into the face of Fall, 2010. It is simply astounding how fast this year has gone by! So much to do and so little time. Since our son David graduated from high school last May, we no longer have the standard "back-to-school" chaos in the Allred home that has prevailed for so many years. Now it's a more individually-tailored chaos; still stressful but in different ways. Steph is going the vocational route and is starting her CNA (certified nursing assistant) training in Utah the first week of October, and will (hopefully) pass her classes and certification testing and will be gainfully employed by the end of that month. David is starting his jazz studies classes at CSU Sacramento on August 31, and is still (kinda) trying to find a job that will fit into his class schedule. Both kids have been having a fun-filled summer, and I probably need to get them to do more around here, but I have to admit if feels kinda good to sit at my computer in the quiet morning, working away while my sweet children sleep. But now it's almost 11am and I'm trying to get them to rise and greet the day, so far with little success. Oh, to be young and care-free again. But their "real world" kicks in soon, so for now I am nice mom and I let them sleep. Mean mom will be making a showing soon, I'm sure. She never stays away for long, unfortunately...

So, Autumn. It's always been one of my favorite times of year. The air is cooling, the leaves are turning, the gardens are yielding their bounty, and the world just feels good! Could also have something to do with the onset of the holiday season, and my birthday, and I don't know what else. I just like the Fall!

The above photo is of a card I created using one of my new designs from Impression Obsession. You can get it HERE. The supplies used include a Hero Arts Kraft Note Card, Memory Box Blackbird 6x6 Papers, Hero Arts Sunshine Mixed Accents, Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, and Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. All of these items are available from StampinTreasures.com.

All right now, mean mom is gonna go get those kids out of bed! Wish me luck...

"Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." —George Eliot