Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ahh, a good day!

Life has been cuh-razy lately. Too much to do and too many different hats to wear. Let's just say I've been running from thing to thing with not enough time to focus on any one, and leaving too many ends untied. I needed a good day "off" and I got one today. The weather was lovely and cool, we got to church on time with no meltdowns, we had a yummy and healthy dinner (roasted chicken with carrots, onions, broccoli and brown rice), followed by my man-child David and I having a great sit-down conversation about "big picture" stuff that went very well. After that I got a sweet nap on the sofa, then I made some delicious (and, um, not so healthy) brownies for some mid-evening snacking. Ahh, a relaxing and rejuvenating Sunday. Good for the body and for the soul! Love it, love my family, love the world, love my Savior, love life! I still have a busy-busy week to come, but now my tank is filled and I feel like I can face my many responsibilities and I just may make some progress this week. All right you crazy life, bring it on!

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." —James Openheim