Monday, March 14, 2011

Prayers for Japan

Like most people I have been mesmerized these past few days by the scenes coming out of Japan. The devastation is just beyond comprehension. My prayers have been for the people there. Japan is so far away and I have never been there, and sometimes it may be easy to think that the suffering of others does not really affect us, but it does. We are all children of God, and deep down we are all the same. We live, we love, we yearn, and we fear. We hunger, we thirst, we ache, we bleed, and we strive for happiness in whatever form that may take for each of us. The people of Japan are our brothers and sisters.

Occasions like this make me stop and thank God for h
ow blessed I am in my life, and they also give me a renewed respect and awe for the powerful forces of Nature. But through it all I know that our Heavenly Father watches over us, and there is a plan for all things. We may not understand it or see it from where we are, but all will be well in the end.

Go to the American Red Cross if you can and donate to the relief efforts. Or donate funds or humanitarian supplies to your church or other charitable organization. We need to help those in need. God Bless.

"People are made of flesh and blood and a miracle fiber called courage." —Mignon McLaughlin