Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The word is: YAMS

When my babies were small, even before they were born, I would sing to them:

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take
My sunshine
Away.

After Steph was born, when she was just a day or so old, I sang this song to her in the hospital. When she heard my voice she lifted her head, turned her beautiful blue eyes toward me, and smiled. I think she remembered hearing that song before! That sacred moment has always stayed with me. And when David came to us two years later I sang it to him, and to the both of them for years to come. I don't know if they remember, as it's been awhile. So the reason for this post is to remind my two sweet angels how much they mean to me, and how much their mommy will always love them.

And I realized today that an acronym for the title of this song is YAMS. So, here's to you, my sweet Steph and my amazing David. YAMS.

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." —Abraham Lincoln