Thursday, October 14, 2010

Overheard...

Ok, here's a quick one before I run, too funny not to share. I was in a store yesterday, and there was this mom pushing a shopping cart with her young daughter (maybe 3 years old) inside. The first thing I heard the mom say to her daughter was, "Don't you just love running errands with me?" And the daughter replied, "No, I don't!" Then a while later I saw them again. This time the daughter was being somewhat less pleasant. The mother said to the girl, "You need to shape up or I'm gonna knock you silly." To which the daughter said (in a loud voice), "Mom, Take a deep breath!" I had to walk away so they wouldn't hear me laughing! It was precious. Oh, the things our babies say to us.

So to all of you moms out there, just hang in there. Someday they grow up and say THANKS for all of the rules and the discipline. It's worth it!

"Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children. Now I have six children and no theories!" —John Wilmot