Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Living in Thanksgiving

Ahhhh, Fall. I love the cooler weather! It is delightful. I love walking with my sweetie in the cool evenings, I love wearing sweaters and cuddly layers of clothing, and I love waking each morning to the crisp fresh way the air smells. It's simply a delightful time of year! Leaves are changing, pumpkins and large bags of candy are everywhere, and there is much talk of parties. And did I mention that I also love Fall because of Marching Band season? For those of you who don't yet love marching bands, check out a marching band competition at a high school near you this year. There is almost nothing better that the excitement, the precision, the pageantry, the colors, the music, and the amazing talent displayed at these shows. It also does much to restore one's faith in the coming generation. Those kids are sharp. It's awesome and I love it!

So, our Steph is safely settled in Utah. She'
s started her classes, and we found her a really cute house to live in. She'll have three room-mates and her own bedroom in a sweet little cottage. Things are working out! Steph is a little overwhelmed with the changes and the work of school, but she's doing great. I miss her but I am so proud of her! She's my girl.

I thought I'd share a Thanksgiving card today. This one uses my "Live in Thanksgiving Daily" stamp, along with the Hero Arts Friend Definition and Maple Leaf stamps. I used the super-fun technique of blending distress inks with Perfect-Pearl water to create the colorful and shimmery effect on the leaf. Let me know if you're not familiar with this method, and I can explain it in detail in a future post. The three distress inks I used are Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint (my favorite green!) and Spiced Marmalade. Papers and ribbon were from my stash.

So, do you love Thanksgiving and Fall as much as I do? I adore it, could you tell? It's exhilarating and it lightens my soul. Ahhhhhhh. Heavenly.

"Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor, Summer an oil painting, and Autumn a mosaic of them all." —Stanley Horowitz

"Everyone should take time to sit and watch the leaves turn." —Elizabeth Lawrence