Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Update

Okay, well. Steph and I tried making the delightful Subway Easter Eggs shown in THIS post. Unfortunately they were not as "easy" as we were led to believe, and once again my egg-coloring adventure ended in disappointment. I promptly peeled those suckers, made egg salad and hid the evidence. I plan to try again, this time with vinyl letters that will actually peel off of the egg shells, and with LOTS more of them. We quickly ran out of the letters we needed with the four sets I had purchased.

So that was the end of our colored eggs. I had much better luck in the pastry department, which is usually the case. I made cute candy carrots to top some of my secret-recipe chocolate cupcakes with chocolate-cream cheese frosting, and served them in egg cartons I had painted in festive colors. I also mixed up a batch of chocolate nests. Both of the above were shared with the crew at John & Kari's house, after a delightful feast of pot roast, baked potatoes, veggies galore, a lovely green salad (Lisa, I need that recipe!) and some tasty holiday punch courtesy of Kimmers. The best part, of course, was the company and the conversation. What's better than spending a holiday with a house full of people you love to pieces? It was a very Happy Easter indeed.

"Easter takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity."  —Ralph Waldo Emerson