Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas in the Heart

December 3rd already? Oh my, Christmas is coming! We decorated our house last week and the preparations for the best day of the year have begun. This being the first Christmas in our new-old house, it was fun deciding what decorations to put up, where to put the tree, etc. It all looks kinda pur-dy if I do say so, and I just love turning on the tree and mantel lights every evening and enjoying the ambiance.

What an exciting time of year this is! I've been especially enjoying listening to my two new Christmas CD's (see THIS post for details). And as a side note, I had the privilege of emailing and speaking with the incredibly talented and sweet Mindy Gledhill herself this week! Made me feel kinda special, I will tell you that!

Oh, and the busy-ness of this time of year has certainly begun in earnest, but I love it. Several parties and fun things are already on the calendar and I am looking forward to it all! This weekend I participated for the third consecutive year in my dear friend Sydne's Holiday Boutique in Folsom, which as always was lots of fun! It's great to spend some time with old buddies and reconnect with people I don't often get to see. Lots of memories from our years in Folsom, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, in addition to selling lots of fudge and cinnamon rolls in hopes of adding a little to my Christmas gift-buying funds. And I worked some sweet trades with some of the talented ladies and brought home some lovely things for our home and a few gifts as well.

Thought I'd share one of my new Christmas Clear stamp sets from Impression Obsession today (see image above). It's called Christmas in the Heart and you can get your very own set HERE. Very versatile... why not get one for you and one for your best stamping buddy! (shameless plug, I just don't know when to stop, do I?)

OK, well, I am running on about four hours of sleep so I think I will go put on my snuggly sweats and find a thick quilt to wrap myself in and watch a movie with my girl. Enjoy your Sunday tomorrow!

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people around them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."  —Charles Dickens (aka Darles Chickens) 

"Christmas is the day that holds all time together."  —Alexander Smith