Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time to be Thankful

Whew. I made it through October. Hallelujah. It's been a rough month. This morning I took down the *minor* Halloween-specific decorations, leaving the various pumpkins, fall leaves, branches, and whatnot, and added the few Thanksgiving-specific touches to make it look like November. I love November. I love Thanksgiving. I am choosing to be thankful and grateful and positive. I am choosing happy.

Went to Trader Joe's this morning and picked up a trio of "fairy-tale" pumpkins, you know - the squatty-shaped extra-hard ones with the dull and dusty color to them (love them!) to stack as a centerpiece on my kitchen island. And my maple trees are offering some lovely fall colors in their leaves, and I think I will gather a few branches to bring indoors and display in a large pitcher.

Thankful. That's what I am. November's gonna be better. November rhymes with "remember." I like that.

"We can only be said to be alive on those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."  —Thornton Wilder