Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Guess I Should Mention...

Warning: this is a personal post. I have hesitated talking about this on my blog because life has been completely crazy for the past several months, but I guess I really should tell y'all that we have moved. Yep. We sold our Rocklin home this past November and are temporarily renting in my childhood home-town a few miles down the road in Loomis. We were fortunate to make a nice profit on the Rocklin place and are going to patiently wait out the roller coaster that is the current real estate market here in NorCal before we buy our next place

The reasons for the home sale and move were many-fold. Suffice it to say that both of our children left the nest this past year, and for that and other reasons we decided that we really needed to downsize and plan for our future in a more conservative fashion. So that's what we're doing. The part above where I said we were patiently waiting to purchase our next home? Well, I'm not very good at being patient and this home we're currently renting is just about half the size of the one we just sold and I am missing our big gorgeous remodeled kitchen and all the space we had in our old place and I am learning to be more humble and grateful and will sure as heck appreciate it lots and lots when the time comes to make a new place ours again. Life really is good, and I am not complaining. I have a WONDERFUL husband who loves me and does everything in his power to make me happy. Love you sweetie! I have two amazing, healthy and talented children who are working hard to make their own way in the world, and I am so thankful to be their mama. And I have my work, which is taking me in new directions this year that I am very excited about, and some new incredible opportunities have also come along that may turn into something great for our family, fingers crossed...

So where will this next year take us? We shall see. But I know that everything will work out for the best, and life will go on as it should. No worries. Life is good.

"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."  —Gordon B. Hinckley
 
"Get busy living."  —Stephen King