Monday, September 5, 2011

The Word is: APPROVAL

ap·prov·al  n.
1. The act or an instance of approving.
2. An official approbation; a sanction.
3. Favorable regard; commendation.

Approval is a good thing. You work hard, you accomplish something, and then someone in authority says, "I approve." I heard those words this weekend and it made me clap my hands, take a deep breath, smile and say, "YES!" And then I immediately picked up the phone and called my sweetie. More details on all of that later this week...

So today is Labor Day in America. What does it mean beyond getting a three-day weekend and celebrating the unofficial end of summer? Labor Day, a federal US holiday since 1894, is observed on the first Monday in September and celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers. It has nothing really to do with camping, or swimming, or shopping, or backyard bar-b-ques. But all of that is fun, and spending a weekend with friends & family, and having Rich home today... I am a fan! I approve.

Happy Labor Day. Happy Approval. Let's all work hard, contribute good stuff to the world, and be happy!

"Action is the foundational key to all success."  —Pablo Picasso