Friday, September 9, 2011

Some Random Thoughts...

Today's post will be just some disjointed things I've thought about recently that I wanted to share. I am headed back to the periodontist later this morning for another mouth surgery, so in a few minutes I will be taking my sedative medication and will be out of commission for the rest of today and possibly tomorrow. So I thought I'd get a few things off my chest before I go...

1. Last week I was at my local Good Will store, doing what I love best: a little Good Will Hunting. When I took my purchases to the register, in front of me in line there was a middle-aged man who purchased just one item. It was a bra. A beige, silky, used, underwire ladies' bra. I have to say it was a little weird. I'm hoping he plans to use it in some sort of Halloween costume, however I really don't want to think about it. Your ideas?

2. Have you ever thought about garbage? Garbage dumps are fascinating, and frightening. I am a little afraid of how much garbage we generate. Let's all do our part to make less garbage. Starting with junk mail. Make it stop! 

3. I get to go to my friend Fred's house next weekend and see Nienie and her husband speak. Can't wait! 

4. Barrack Obama is really getting on my nerves.

Okay - I am off! Make it a great day. Kisses! Please pray for me. I am a little nervous about this surgery. 

"Courage is resistance of fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."  —Mark Twain.