Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alpha: The Beginning...

Welcome to the first posting of my new blog! Glad you're here. I'm Kalani Allred, I live in Folsom, California, and I have a great life: A loving and dedicated husband, two fabulous, healthy, and talented children (well, technically they're adults but they'll always be my babies!), a nice place to live, lots of great friends, and a relatively healthy existence. Through reading this blog you will learn about me, my thoughts, and my pursuits. I hope you find your time here well spent.
This coming Sunday, July 25th, I will board a plane headed for Chicago, where I will attend the CHA (that's the Craft and Hobby Association) Summer 2010 convention. I am so very excited because at this show, the first of my brand-new line of clear and rubber stamps will be unveiled. Most of my images thus far are text-based quotes, phrases and sentiments that I have artfully arranged, and I've crowned them with the title WORDS & SUCH. I have always been a lover of the written word. I am constantly reading (sometimes two or three books at a time), and most of my favorite books have several of their pages dog-eared, and many also have memorable passages underlined and notes scribbled in the margins. Holding a book in my hands, curled up in the corner of my couch with a nice bright lamp and a cold drink nearby - that is heaven. My books are my friends! And let me also say that I also have some very dear human-type friends as well, and they mean the world to me as does my family.

So, back to my stamps: They are being manufactured and marketed by IMPRESSION OBSESSION and the first stamps (holiday-themed for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) will be available in stores and online very soon. Mitra, the owner and president of Impression Obsession, has been wonderful to work with and I am so very jazzed and dreaming of big things to come!

More tomorrow. Good night for now!
"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it." —William Shakespeare