Have you heard of Bishop Higgins? Well, he is probably one of my favorite people named Higgins, and he also happens to be high-larious. The following is from his recent post on the Modern Mormon Men blog, and I just had to share it. Let us pray. Enjoy...
Our world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but that's no reason why we
should stop going boating or learning a new skill, like whittling. But
it is a reason why we should increase our prayers and give the people
that need our help a gentle push from angels above.
I know what you're thinking. But Bishop, after we've asked for these
donuts to nourish and strengthen our bodies, what else should we pray
for? I'm so glad you asked because I have a mighty good list for you to
1. Anyone who has fallen down a well and is still down there.
2. Not often, but every once in a while, you'll meet someone that still says, "You go girl." Let us pray for them.
3. I'm constantly praying that mosquitoes will become less "stingy." Won't you please join me in that prayer.
4. Let us pray that the U.S. continues to stockpile weapons just like Porter Rockwell and Jesus would want us to do.
5. Lazy people.
6. It's not a serious problem, but probably forgotten, so let us pray
that very tall people (6 foot 5 inches and up) will be able to find
attractive slacks -- without pleats -- without having to drive around to
four different stores.
7. Let us pray for people that put sweaters on tiny dogs. They need our help.
8. Mitt Romney.
9. I think we should pray for limerick writers to come up with other things that rhyme with Nantucket.
10. Mitt Romney.