Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20: What??

Zoooooooooom, where has this month gone? I have been so busy with this and that, but I can't believe it's May 20 already. Work, kids, college admissions & student loans (booooo), friends with birthdays, two funerals, several ongoing projects around the house, Mother's day (thank you to my family for making me feel so special!), a puppy (don't ask), and life in general have kept me running. I am trying to remember to count my blessings amid the chaos... And summer weather has definitely arrived, so we're trying to stay cool.

This weekend, thankfully, has been mostly quiet and relaxing. I did almost nothing, which was almost nice. This evening here in NorCal we watched as the moon almost covered the sun in what they call an "annular eclipse," and it was way cool. The light outside at full eclipse (6:32pm local time) was indescribable, so I won't try to describe it, and Rich took some awesome photos in our backyard. Of course we did not look directly into the sun because we didn't want to go blind, but we learned from our friendly neighborhood meteorologist that the sun would make neat little crescent patterns when shining through the trees (as you can see in these photos). It was a rare sight and it was amazing. What a wonderful world...

All right, time to go relax (some more). Hugs to all!

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."  —Buddha