Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Day at the Beach?

Today was exciting - I received the layouts for nine new clear stamp sets of my designs that Impression Obsession will be releasing later this month. This is a great variety of new stuff that I think is versatile and fun - I am jazzed! The image at right is from one of the new sets, titled "Real Life Sentiments." It's full of great sayings about, well, real life! Very useful for cards, journaling, scrapbook pages, etc. The other new sets include new Christmas designs, All-occasion sentiments, and more. Can't wait to get my hands on them! Stay tuned...

The card I'm sh
aring here was designed by Daniala Dobson (danieladobson.blogspot.com) from IO's design team. Daniela posted this card on her blog back on September 2nd. She used two of my stamps, BOO and Trick or Treat Bold. I think it was extremely clever of Daniela to cut out the BOO stamps and put them in the shaker pouch on the card along with orange and black beads. So cute! I've included a photo of the entire card as well as a close-up of the shaker pouch so you can see what a great job she did. Thanks Daniela!

I spent the morning today with
my dear friend Kari. We made the trek to Ikea in West Sacramento, then had some tasty lunch topped off with a little fro-yo, and then walked across the parking lot to some other shops and did a little browsing. I came away with an awesome and hilarious gift for the annual Christmas Party/white elephant gift exchange we always attend at our friends the Weldon's. It's the perfect gift - can't wait! Haha!

Well, it's back to work for me so I must sign off. The weather here is lovely and tomorrow is Friday. Busy weekend ahead - our last one before our Steph leaves. Lots to do! Hugs.

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
fluttering from the autumn tree." —Emily Bronte